The Implementation Project Manager is responsible for the successful definition, execution and maintenance of the project plan for all assigned client projects typically during the start-up phase of the project lifecycle. They also are responsible for supervisory management of Project Specialists. They will manage project risks and contribute to the implementation of company-wide process improvements.
This role may require flexibility to switch between Implementation and Operational Project Manager responsibilities for specific projects and a pre-defined period. This will be influenced by the complexities of a given project, the Implementation Project Manager experience and the business need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - Function
1. Manage and lead the initial project delivery tasks, including, but not limited to the software development lifecycle (SDLC) of Simple to Medium complexity studies through the project start-up phase
2. Ensure project systems are built and released in accordance with client expectations inclusive of leading the project system change control process as appropriate.
3. Support the implementation of complex, multi product projects as needed.
4. Responsible for resource assignment and management of those performing SDLC tasks.
5. Manage projects in accordance with established timelines, budget, quality standards, and/or contractual requirements. Review, approve and maintain project system documentation.
6. Handle client escalations independently and work with internal and client teams to resolve these. Escalate as appropriate in a timely manner.
7. Responsible for quality of communication with client - cadence, content and audience. Serves as the primary contact for customers on assigned projects.
8. Accountable for financial health of the assigned projects. This can include vendor services, licensing, payments, invoicing, and vendor management activities.
9. Collaborate with other functional areas for project delivery to ensure timelines and client expectations are met within budget.
10. Responsible for identification and documentation of Incident Reports with Quality Management group. (Inclusive of Client Notification and Closure)
11. Responsible for reporting of internal project status updates.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – Role
1. As a Manager, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of and to create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
2. Responsible for day-to-day management of direct reports including the personal development and performance management activities.
3. As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
4. Responsible for compliance with Company Procedures in support of client deliverables
5. Recognize, exemplify and adherence to the company values which centre around our commitment to People, Clients, and performance
DECISION MAKING AND INFLUENCE
1. Demonstrated ability to lead through influence
2. Capable of weighing risks and making decisions that align with Signant values and strategy
3. Manage customer escalations effectively, with follow up and closure
FOR MANAGER ROLES:
FOR ALL ROLES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
1. Bachelors’ degree or equivalent or relevant experience
2. Understanding of the software development life cycle and the specification and configuration of software products
3. Able to multi-task and work with multiple team members
4. Must have excellent time management, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
5. Must be detail orientated
6. Must have solid MS Office Suite experience – Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint
7. Ability and experience of direct project activities and ensuring customer satisfaction while understanding and adhering to the study budget
8. Must be comfortable speaking in front of diversified and/or large audiences
9. Must be able to communicate and engage effectively with all levels of the organization and have excellent written and spoken English skills
10. Must have experience in a Project Management role OR equivalent
11. Must show initiative and be able to work independently as needed
1. Background in Pharmaceutical, Medical education and/or CRO
2. Experience of clinical trials/pharmaceutical industry/life sciences
3. Ability to travel for business trips (overnight business trips could be expected quarterly)
4. Experience/understanding of the clinical research environment and GCP principles is preferred
5. PMP or equivalent certificate.
At Signant Health, accepting difference isn’t enough—we celebrate it, we support it, and we nurture it for the benefit of our team members, our clients and our community. Signant Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.