ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ASSOCIATE - PLYMOUTH MEETING, PA
The Accounts Receivable Associate is responsible for the management of billings generated to global customers, the creation and distribution of invoices to all customers and ensuring contractual budget amounts are kept in scope.
1. Initiate the timely and accurate generation of invoices by verifying the achievement of project milestones with Project Managers and in accordance to the project’s contractual terms.
2. Create the service milestone and out-of-pocket/pass-through expense invoices within the ERP system with supporting backup documentation in accordance with contractual terms.
3. Submit invoices and related support files according to customer instructions and requirements (mail, upload to web portals, email and email distributions).
4. Proactively manage and maintain a database of all projects’ status and related communications with Project Managers to timely generate invoices from the billing backlog.
5. Review new & existing contracts for terms and billing information to ensure accurate billings and assess impact of changes on a customer portfolio.
6. Follow up with Project Managers and Business Development personnel to obtain purchase orders and reference numbers on new contracts.
7. Respond timely to daily questions from Project Teams regarding invoicing requiring research through to completion and resolution, while informing and coordinating Contracts and Finance team members.
8. Based on customer requirements, prepare well-documented and complete invoice supporting backup by researching, organizing, redacting, copying, and scanning information.
9. Recommend credit memos and rectify billing discrepancies while working with Account Receivable Supervisor.
10. Maintain the global billing customer master database with updates of customer contact and invoicing information.
11. Maintain organized paperless billing folders with all appropriate backup documents and communications for all customer projects. Save generated invoices from the billing system to the internal electronic filing system.
12. Prepare communications maintaining confidentiality of internal and customer documentation when responding to inquiries.
13. Perform other duties as assigned or assist in special assignments as directed by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
Highly collaborative relationship with Accounts Receivable Billing and Collections Team to manage multiple contracting entities and global customer base.
Highly collaborative relationship with Finance-IT to support ERP system processes, automation, process improvements and integrating other systems which impact customer projects and billing.
1. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting, preferred
2. 2-4 years progressive accounts receivable experience. Industry experience is preferred.
3. High attention to detail and data trends with excellent data entry skillset to prevent recording errors and ability to independently research data trends when cross-checking or reconciling data.
4. Demonstrated thorough understanding of billing concepts and experience in a billing accounting software, extracting and formatting data exports and managing organized paperless records; NetSuite and or Great Plains ERP knowledge is preferred, but not required.
5. Demonstrated effective judgement with analytical/problem solving skills to deal effectively and professionally with obstacles that arise with external and internal stakeholders which includes ability to read and understand contract language and engage in collaborative problem-solving efforts on generating effective solutions consistent with organization's financial policies and procedures.
6. Excellent communication skills (written and oral), ability to present information, respond to inquiries and interact well with external customers in various countries at various levels and global location.
7. Demonstrated organizational and time management skillset. Including the ability to maintain organized electronic paperless records and shared drives and multiple file folders.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook; Intermediate computer skills in Excel, formatting, sorting and filter to organizing data for reporting; Ability to perform pivot tables, H/V Lookup, "If" functions.
9. Confident and professionally poised with proven ability to work in a fast-paced global team, meet strict deadlines, manage high volume of transactions and adapt to a change with a seamless effect on the business.
1. Experience using NetSuite and Microsoft GreatPlains ERP accounting systems.
2. Industry experience in pharmaceutical/life sciences and/or project-management-based technology
3. Experience in ERP system migrations and implementation and automation projects
4. Ability to read in interpret Contractual language