Business Systems Analyst - Reading, Berkshire
Is this job right for you?
We are currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst who will be responsible for working with customers, Client Services and Technical Delivery (TD) staff to discover and understand business needs and translate them into system requirements. You will also be responsible for drafting all required SDLC and validation documents and facilitating the review and approval of all project documentation. The Business Systems Analyst will assist with the development, documentation and communication of TD processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assist Business Systems Analyst II and Business Systems Analyst III with multiple tasks related to documentation, development and testing, and system launch.
- Participate in requirements definition sessions with stakeholders to capture business requirements.
- Understand the functional business process across the entire organization.
- Follows defined validation processes and produces validated documents for all initiatives.
- Utilize all available tools and information sources to elicit requirements, including interviews/meetings, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, and workflow analysis.
- Drafts all required SDLC and validation documents.
- May be responsible for application configuration.
- Assist in the writing of the test plans, cases & scripts as required.
- Facilitates and manages the review and approval of test results, and all SDLC and validation documents.
- Update requirements as needed throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Works closely with project management and software developers to formulate the high level technical solution.
- Identifies, coordinates and implements process improvement initiatives.
- Other project work and responsibilities as required. IND1
Do you have the right background for this job?
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience with extensive experience functioning as IT Business Analyst or in a similar role. You will have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex project plans, design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements.
- The successful candidate will have detailed working knowledge of a System/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and demonstrated success in gathering information from a wide variety of sources and subsequently crafting it into effective and audience-appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
- You will have a proven track record of success analyzing, defining and overseeing requirements for advanced and complex applications, products and/or integrations of advanced complexity along with the ability to manage the requirements definition process for a variety of stakeholders representing large and complex organizations.
- Familiarity with web based application development and technologies (.NET, XML, etc.) and relational databases (SQL Server) is required along with experience working in a regulated technical environment and/or previous experience with clinical software highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and be able to establish/maintain positive work relationships and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.